My dress has issues. The bodice just wasn't quite big enough so I added in an extra triangular shaped panel. In doing that it was big enough to slip over my head (hallelujah!) so I didn't have to put in a zipper, but then it gaped terribly so after I put it on I had Lee safety pin it in a little bit. My hair and the shawl hide the extra so it really wasn't a big deal. Would you believe the front of the bodice was to big? LOL Good grief! (I used a Simplicity pattern for my dress)
Abby's dress was adorable and I can't wait to make more. She loved the dress and the bonnet. You can't see her bloomers in these pictures but she has them on. Other than having to hand sew in the sleeves I didn't mind doing this dress at all. I still haven't put the front buttons on though. LOL (I used a Folkwear pattern for Abby's dress, pinafore and both bonnets. I used a McCall's pj pattern for Abby's bloomers)
We had a wonderful time! Lots of good food, good singing, good preaching and good game playing. Everyone (but me, I'm not really a joiner, LOL) bobbed for apples, playing horseshoes, had a wood splitting contest and ended the day with a few games of volleyball. I look forward to it again next year.