Saturday, October 08, 2011

Skeet Savage and Persimmon Cookies

I just finished taking persimmon cookies out of the oven.  So yummy!  Another fantastic thing to love about fall.

I had the pleasure, blessing of meeting Skeet Savage (and her wonderful daughter Sony) last night. 

When I started this homeschooling journey there were a few women that I really clung to and learned from......Lorrie Flem, Cindy Rushton, Teri Maxwell and Skeet Savage.  NOW, I've met 2 of them (Teri Maxwell being the other). 

Skeet spoke from the heart and really touched on some issues that I've been needing to deal with.  I think that God was speaking through her to me.  Very humbling.  I'm still working through her words and soaking up scripture.  I just might be getting ready for an adventure (Isn't it always an adventure when God works in your life???)

Anyway, I'm soaking up some sunshine and loving fall.  Dh did soccer duty today so other than a short trip to a nearby yard sale, I've been home cleaning, baking, praying and playing with the 2 little ones.  I hope for some time to knit tonight but I think we are getting ready to head back outside now. 

Have a wonderful day friends!

1 comment:

Daneille Gray Snowden said...

You were also a blessing sharing your gift of song as well.
Love to you Carrie!