Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

I imagine that I will be fairly busy between now and Thanksgiving so I wanted to post my thankful list now.

I am thankful for:
God, my father, creator, protector and provider
Jesus who died for my sins
The Holy Spirit that leads me every day
My wonderful husband - we weathered the bad times and I am so thankful to be enjoying the good times with him!
My energetic boys - I am truly blessed to be the mother of 3 boys. God is teaching me through them every day.
My home - maybe it isn't my "dream" but it fits us just fine :)
Daily provisions - food, clothing, shelter
My husband's job - I hurt for those who are losing their jobs and am so thankful that dh still has his.
The freedom to homeschool in the USA
Family and friends - sometimes we don't all agree, but they are always there in good and bad
Our church home - we are small, but working hard for God!

I know that there are so many more things, but that is where my feeble brain is stopping. We feel so very, very blessed this year. It seems terrible to say that as I watch the economy tumble, but I learned a long time ago that money isn't the cure of all unhappiness. My husband says that it doesn't matter what we have as long as we have each other. That is so true! I am so thankful every single day for my family.

I hope that all of my readers have a blessed, wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: