Thursday, December 18, 2008

Current News

Hello everyone!
No this isn't a review post. This is a "just about us" post. Maybe you like the others better? Oh well!
We are doing very well. We are thankful to be over that nasty stomach flu. Christmas cookies are baked, Christmas decorations are out and Christmas presents are bought (and almost all wrapped). Norman and I agree that is a 1st for us. We are usually scrambling for something that last week before Christmas. Now if we buy anything else it will be "just because". We also have Christmas plans hashed out. Norman is off on Christmas this year! That hasn't happened in several years. So we are going to my parents at noon and his mom's in the evening. Christmas cards are mailed. Christmas cheer has been spread. We have much to be grateful for this year!

The weather here has truly been frightful. Ice, ice everywhere! We are supposed to get more today and rain on top. Snow on Sunday and Monday. Might actually have a white Christmas. I know it is hard to believe, but that rarely happens where we live in IL.

The boys are growing like little weeds. We are buckling down in school after I realized some gaps that needed filled. Little Bear is a busy little fellow. Yesterday I turned on the radio and he was "dancing" with his dad's shoe on backwards. Lee and I laughed until we about fell over. He is such a ham. Every day I thank God for my boys. I realize that soon they won't be here sharing my days with me. That is a lonely thought!

I guess that is enough about me for a while. Expect some more reviews over the next few days. I have several to get done before the end of the year and am hoping to "piggy-back" them so that I have a week off. Sorry if you don't want to read them......I will think of some thing better to talk about soon.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think about it quite often that in the blink of an eye, my kids will be out of my home and in one of their own. We must enjoy them while we can heh. Bear is quite a handsome young man. Love his smile!