Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good, Better, Best

Goal progress: I haven't watched any TV here today, just a few minutes at mom's. I was on the internet for about 30 minutes earlier today and have logged back on tonight to update this blog. I seem to have accomplished more and the house seems more peaceful. I didn't even turn the radio on!

Verses for Today
I Corinthians 10:13, 21-23, 31
(v. 13) There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
(v. 21-23) Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
(v. 31) Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

TV and internet may not be evil, but were they the best use of my time? God can be glorified on TV and the internet, but was I glorifying God with what I was watching on TV or reading on the internet?
Today, I was tempted to randomly surf the internet but a dryer buzz or a fussy baby reminded me that maybe I had a better use for my time. I asked God to help me better manage my time and He answered in a very tangible way. God is faithful when we ask to draw closer to Him.
Tonight, with the house quiet, I was able to enjoy a chapter from a study in a nice warm tub. God granted me time now to reflect on the word He gave me this morning. God is good!
I ask God to continue to direct my paths so that whatever I do, I will glorify God.

No comments: