Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What Kind of Woman Are You?

I was journaling on Aug. 21st (I always date my journals so I know) but was interrupted. I still haven't got back to it, but my journal is open to my spot on my desk so I have seen it often since.

Proverbs 21:9
It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

If that doesn't make you stop and think, then nothing will! How does my family feel about living with me? Am I the brawlilng woman, yelling and starting fights at whim? What does my attitude and tongue say about me?

Today, I have to say that I failed miserably. Greg, Bear and I got home from Greg's soccer practice and everyone was hunger. The baby was screaming and the older 2 were nowhere to be found. I was so frustrated and yelled at them in anger to come help me. Then I made several snide comments to the effect of "having to do everything all by myself". How did that make my children feel? What kind of example was I setting for my children regarding appropriate behavior/attitudes/speech?

Thank you Lord for convicting me in this area! I am learning so much and being humbled by how much farther I have to go.
I am thankful that Jesus has so much mercy on me!

1 comment:

On A Hill Homestead said...

Thank you for sharing this. I myself am daily in a struggle daily not yell, and fail miserably! My mother was I guess you could say a "yeller." I do ask my children politely the first time, but that doesn't always work. I hate having to feel like I have raise my voice to get their attention at times. I'm re reading the book "To Train Up A Child", and re training myself also. Thanks again.
Peace, Kris