Sunday, August 24, 2008

Family time in Lexington, KY

I am writing to all of you this beautiful morning from the Radisson in Lexington, KY. We have been here all weekend for a taekwondo tournament. Competition went well, but we are disappointed to learn that dh won't be able to compete anymore due to some rule the American Taekwondo Association has regarding black belts being required to judge. My dh believes that his place is to be supporting his children, not being forced to "voluntarily" spend the day judging other children. I know that our region is short on judges, but you would think that they could hire some with the money that we hand over to them everytime we turn around. Anyway, I am off my soapbox now!

Norman placed 1st in weapons and 3rd in sparring. Leland did great and placed 4th in forms and sparrring. Gregory also did great, placing 3rd in sparring and 4th in forms. I am proud of all my boys.

After competition we went to Gatti Town, a place similar to Chuck E Cheese. I think that this place was better though, as the restaurant part was separate from the arcade. I sat in a booth listening to the UHSE 08 on my Ipod while the boys and dad went to the arcade for 3 hours. I would have had a nervous breakdown after 30 minutes! But they all seemed to enjoy it so it was worth it. I was greatly blessed by the seminars I was able to listen to while we were there, so it was a win-win situation!

We will be traveling home later today. It has been a wonderful, fun weekend for the most part. I am so thankful for my wonderful family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all of the boys placements. Amazing to see the family bonding that you all do. They will always have wonderful family memories to look back on.