Sunday, August 10, 2008

Leland David

My oldest son, Leland David, turned 11 yesterday. Once upon a time, I didn't think that was possible. My husband and I sit and wonder where 11 years must have went.

Lee was born around noon on the 9th of August 1997. I was induced, and in labor for over 24 hours. There was talk of a c-section, but God allowed a natural, drug free delivery. He was precious and such a joy to us. He still is.

Lee is an independent, perfectionist sort. He loves taekwondo. His goal is to be a lawyer. I think that he will make a very good lawyer.

He loves God and believes in Jesus. He made his confession 2 years ago. He almost always tries to think of the other guy first.

Lee is the perfect big brother. He puts their needs and cares before his own more often then not. He is their defender, and protector. Wrongs against himself he may let go, but he doesn't tolerate a wrong against his brothers.

Lee isn't perfect, but none of us are. I am so very thankful for the last 11 years with Lee. I am reminded again of the wonderful blessing that God has given me by allowing me to homeschool. I can't imagine everything that we would have missed if he was gone all day.

Thank you for allowing me to "brag" about Lee. Yesterday was his day. We love you Lee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for inviting us to Leland's party. The boys had fun and I loved the fellowship. Tell dh that his cheeseburgers were awesome. I considered having a second one but thought it might look bad. LOL! Didn't want to be a glutton.