Thursday, November 01, 2012

A Month of Thankfulness - Day 1

It is November!  The month of gratitude.  I fully believe we should be thankful always, but in November it seems a little easier to remember.  lol  So this month, I am going to try to post at least 1 thing every day that I am thankful for.

Tonight's entry is:

Tonight I thankful for a husband that fixes supper so I don't have to after work and a son that helps so when I get home after 9.5 hours working I can just sit down and have supper.

My husband is great.  Such a blessing to me.  I don't know what I would do without him.  After the craziness started I got a job working 1 day a week, sometimes up to 10 hours on that day.  My job isn't strenuous, but it makes a long day, and I'd been out of the workforce for over 10 years before that.  Now I am also balancing the operation of 2 home businesses in addition to part-time tutoring.  It's a juggling act every single day to get even part of my very lengthy to-do list done.  Remember, we have 4 children.  Every day of the week (excluding Sundays) I do 3-5 loads of laundry.  2 of our children are small so there are still messes to clean up and toys to corral.  2 of my children are teenagers so there are practices/games/meetings/social appointments to coordinate and drive to.  I have to keep up with their social calender as well as mine (wait, I don't have time for a social calendar).  My wonderful husband works overtime every chance he gets and is also starting his own business.  We are basically starting over financially so every single penny counts at this point and there are some weeks when the money goes out faster than it goes in. 

For the most part, my husband never complains about my odd business hours, or watching the kids, again, while I am gone for the evening.  He is great about picking up the slack, even though he wishes I didn't feel like I needed to contribute to our financial resources.  We have  a long road to go to get back to where we were but I am so glad that I have my best friend with me for the ride.  I love you baby!

No comments: