Monday, November 05, 2012

A Month of Thankfulness: Day 5

I'm thankful for the good health of my children.

October was pediatric cancer awareness month.  One of Greg's friends is a survivor of pediatric cancer and the daughter of our minister is also.  Cancer scares me.  Bad.  The thought of one of my children getting cancer terrifies me. 

Cancer isn't the only thing that attacks our children.  There are a host of childhood disease, birth defects and other things that can make our children, my children, so very sick.  I am so thankful that my children have been given good health (I say that as Lee is upstairs sick with the stomach bug - again).  I hate to see my kids sick with a cold or stomach flu.  I hate to see them hurt mainly because I know that I can't "really" do anything to make them better or heal their hurt....time is the main healer.  I can't imagine having a child with a life threatening illness and knowing that "really" there isn't anything that I could do to make them better.

Today is a "hug and kiss" your kids day today.  Love 'em bunches, I know I will mine :)

No comments: