Friday, November 02, 2012

Days of Thanksgiving #2

Today, as I sit here munching on the most wonderful grapes, I am thankful for the food that we have to eat.  In this country, the variety of food is amazing.  We can get so many things that are exotic or out of season.  We don't have to travel far and wide to find these things, they are available right here in my little town of 3100 people.  That is amazing!

I know I complain a lot about the cost of groceries, and I will admit it is very difficult to manage a grocery budget of $300 a month in a family of 6 (with 2 teenage boys!).  BUT we could be eating beans and rice all the time - we aren't - so I consider us very lucky and blessed indeed (we would be blessed if we had only beans and rice but we are more blessed with a variety).

I've begun to plan our Thanksgiving meal.  What will be on your Thanksgiving table this year?  No matter what your meal, how fancy or plain, remember to be thankful for it and the people that will partake of it.....those that love, respect and care for you.  In the end, they are the most important thing :)

No comments: