Sunday, October 01, 2006

The unique-ness of me

Psalm 139:13-16

For thou has possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

This passage was used this morning during our worship time to help us identify how unique God has made us all. Our speaker was led to discuss with us all the ways that God can use each of our unique details to do His will. I may be the only person who has the unique ability to connect with someone else. Nobody else ever made by God will be exactly like me or have my unique set of gifts. I praise God for making me so unique and I ask Him to show me where I can do His work using the talents that He has given to me.

These thoughts really touched me today. I am 29 years old. I still feel young and unexperienced, but then I see other godly women who are my age - and younger! - who are accomplishing so much for the kingdom of God. I am disgusted with myself for not being able to get my act together. I feel that I am letting down those around me. I wonder what lives I could have touched if only I had followed God's will for my life instead of going my own way. I have been leaning on many crutches over the years....the excuses for why I didn't have it together. No more excuses! The problems that I have are mine alone. I need to deal with them, rather than using them as an excuse for laziness. I will be searching God's word this week to see what God wants for me. I suspect that I already know, for the most part, the area that I will be focusing, but I feel that a time of prayer before I commence will be very appropriate. If you feel led, please pray with me that I will find God's will and direction for my life.

No comments: