Friday, October 20, 2006

Diagnosis

At my dr's appointment this a.m. I finally received the diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Of course, I had suspected this for about 6 months, but to finally get the diagnosis means that I am being TREATED and finally can be on the road to good health again. I am on 500 mg Metformin for 7 days and then 1000 mg Metformin thereafter. I am also on a no-sugar low-carb diet. That is the hard part. I know that with prayer and help from God, family and friends that I will get accustomed to this way of eating. I hope and pray that this will help the symptoms of this disorder (unexplained weight gain, hormonal imbalances and infertility). My dr. is very hopefull of this.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for their prayers for me. I really appreciate it.
Blessings,
Carie

No comments: