Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday

Today was definately a Monday :)

I got up at 6 and ate egg beaters (southwestern style) and peaches for breakfast. I bathed Sadie and then myself and got hamburger out of the freezer to thaw. And talked to my mom on the phone (I talk to my mom on the phone every single morning at 7 a.m. unless they are traveling, or we are traveling).

At 8 I was beginning to mix the ingredients for Pilgrim's Bread (from the More with Less cookbook). I had my bible study time and got the boys up for breakfast. The bread was rising and the boys were fed by 9 a.m. and we started school.

I was able to begin lunch prep at 10:30 (diligence by the boys makes an earlier lunch!). We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. When I pulled the meatloaf out of the oven, I put the loaves of bread in (I had re-kneaded them during lunch prep). After lunch I skimmed my mail, folded a load of laundry....took the bread out and put an apple crisp in. I had a piece of fresh warm bread, butter and apple butter for a snack (that is one of the few things I can still enjoy in moderation!). When the apple crisp came out I finished Norman's lunch box up and then settled down to study some more Ancient Egypt with the boys. We had some company around 2 and everyone greatly enjoyed the apple crisp :)

Our company left around 3 and we were off to town.....drop trash off, drop off stuff at resale shop, walmart, drop off movies and then taekwondo. We are just now getting home :) I am tired, but something about the day just seemed calm and perfect. I love being a mother and being able to stay home and work and homeschool. I love the peaceful busy-ness of our days. Greg and I shared a story about Thanksgiving.................Lee worked so hard on his writing assignment this evening...........I love our shared history time (probably more than they do, but that's ok). I thank God every day that he has put me here, with my children and husband!!!!!!

Praising God,
Carie

No comments: