Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Beautiful Day

Sorry that the posting has been infrequent here lately. Emotionally I just needed some time. I am feeling a lot better. I am insulin resistant. Treatment includes medication, diet and exercise. The diet is not fun, but we don't always get to pick the way things work out. I can absolutely live with a diet that makes me a healthier person. I praise God that I am able to change the direction that my health was heading. Some of the other medical/emotional issues haven't been resolved yet, but that's ok. One thing at a time :)

Within 24 hours of the diet I started feeling better. It is amazing to me how much more energy I have. I gave myself a week to get acquainted with the diet and am starting a low intensity weight program and walking routine tomorrow. My goal is to walk 100 miles between now and July 24th (next doctor's appt.). I would also like to lose 24 lbs (that is 10% of my weight). So those are the small goals I have set for myself.

The potatoes are up in the garden! And some of the onions. I planted spinach and lettuce this evening. I planted sweet italian basil and parsley in the herb bed after I weeded and cleaned it up. I gave the flower bed a good one-over and planted some zinnias there - which I am fairly certain immediately died. Oh well. I will get some more.

School is going good. It seems less stressful for me to school the boys one at a time. The other one plays with Bear. School does take a little longer, but that's alright. We will continue to work through May and maybe the first week or so of June. Then we will be off school until August. Greg will be going to camp the first week of August so we will start after that. Norman has his first vacation starting Thursday. I think that much fishing will take place during that time. I am hoping for a trip to St. Louis also :)

I think that is all the update that I can give for now. I will try to post more often, but with my new-found energy I am staying fairly busy. Have a beautiful week!

No comments: