Saturday, April 04, 2009

Thoughts on Motherhood

My children are finally on the mend - double ear infections all the way around. I have had a little time to think. Enjoy!

I am a mother.
I frequently find my identity through my children and my husband. When you are a mother, most of your efforts are in the background, never to be seen by the populace. There are very few awards for mothers. My reward is seeing my children grow and learn about the Lord.

I am a mother.
When you ask what has been going on around here, don't be surprised if it is boring. Also, don't be surprised that I go on and on about every-little-detail of life around here. Everything that happens here is important to me because I am a mother.

I am a mother.
My children are not angels. Everyone has their faults. However, I do see how much they have grown in different areas of need. I realize how far they have come and choose to praise them for that rather than grouch about how much farther they have to go.

I am a mother.
To the outside world, I am not important. The menial tasks that I perform everyday must be repeated frequently but I never fail to spend the time to snuggle with the baby, admire a bunny and bandage a booboo.

I am a mother.
I am trying to follow a God-given mandate to raise my children for the Lord. I follow Jesus as best I can. I am eager to sit at His feet and soak up His word. I lean on Him daily during the trails that always come.

I am a mother.
The most wonderful, precious job in the world.

No comments: