Saturday, March 21, 2009

I am my father's daughter....

I am a farmer's daughter :)

I love the smell of freshly tilled earth. Yesterday we spent good family time outside tilling the year and planting potatoes. We bought 25 lbs. of seed potatoes and have about a third of them planted. Today we planted 3 long rows of red onions. I cleaned out my flower bed and herb bed. I am all ready to begin planting my new herbs and flowers that are growing under lights in the bedroom.

Bear loves to be in the garden. He helped plant potatoes and onions. He was so cute! Hoes, wooden stakes and hammers became guns this afternoon while we were planting. I love to see my sons having fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from a fellow crew mate! Planting time is such fun. I love planning and planting a vegetable garden every year. My problem is that when it hits 98 degrees, I don't want to weed the garden! :D