Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring, The Old Man is Snoring!

Literally :)

Dh and the older boys are still in bed, but the baby and I have been up since 6:30 (which isn't really early, but I am still trying to get over this terrible cold) and boy has it been raining! I got up sometime in the night and closed down the windows and really haven't had a chance to open them back up again. Our satelite signal has been lost most of the morning and my poor little Sadie (who absolutely despises rain and wet grass) won't go outside for her morning yard tromp. I hope it quits raining soon, I don't know how big her bladder is! She will go in the rain, but she really, really dislikes it!

Yesterday we picked the garden clean again and I spent the whole day canning stuff. I canned the 5 half-pints of catsup that I made the day before, 11 quarts green beans and cooked/canned 5 quarts of spaghetti sauce. If there is enough tomatoes again at one time before the "season" is over I will try to make one more batch of spaghetti sauce. I really need 2 more, but the tomatoes are slowing down so I don't really see that happening. And I will make more salsa, which requires fewer tomatoes at a time. I figure I can get at least a few more batches of that.

School is going good. We have 22 days under our belts. I divide the year into 6 "quarters" so we only complete 30 days a quarter. #1 is almost finished! Yeah!!!!! I have been tweaking as we go, but overall I am very satisfied with the way things are working out. We must work really hard to be done with everything but reading before lunch, but the boys are getting the hang of it and have quit most of the complaining.

I was going to blog yesterday about Sept. 11, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't know about you, but it seems like yesterday. I know that I have blogged about it before so I just didn't this year. I think for the most part, I have dealt with the lingering emotional issues caused by Sept. 11 for me. I can see God's hand so perfectly in my life since that time.

I suppose that I had better go round up the older boys and get school started. I think we will do our reading snuggled on the couch rather than at the table today.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi there. I got your blog from Women Folk yahoo group. I also picked the garden clean again. Just when I think I've gotten it all I see there are more tomatoes. Could you email me the ketchup recipe? I've been looking for one that someone has used before. jenbrandes@frontiernet.net Nice to "meet you".