Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beans and Salsa

Not together, 'cause I think that would be gross. I canned 7 quarts of beans, 5 quarts of tomato puree and 10 pints of salsa today. So that's what I have been doing!

Sorry the postings have been short lately. I have been very busy. It seems that when I get a second away from canning something, I am drowning in laundry or housework, or sick. It has been non-stop the last few weeks. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though! My husband has requested that I make and can him some tomato soup. When I get that done, I will probably can another batch of tomato puree and then I am DONE with tomatoes. WooHoo!!!!!! The beans are still trickling in, but as long as I can keep the boys picking and breaking then that isn't too bad. We are wanting to can some beef stew, veggie soup and chili but that can wait until later. I am beginning to feel relieved!

I am knitting hats for the family for winter. That is my current project. I have gobs of fabric in the bedroom though to be made up into jumpers for me and quilts for the boys. So that is what is in the works around here. I am eagerly looking forward to cold "stay shut up in the house" kinda weather. I hear that the winter is supposed to be unusually cold..........I haven't decided if that is good or bad yet. I definately don't want a repeat of the ice storm from last year.

Enough rambling! It is late and I have to get to bed. If you need an article to kick yourself in the pants regarding work, check out Candy's latest post.

Have a great night!

No comments: