Monday, September 01, 2008

Renewed Priorities

I have been sharing my struggles in my sin areas, laziness and anger. This evening while reading God's word God spoke to me TWICE! You can bet that I listened!

Judges 10:10
And the children of Israel cried unto the Lord, saying, We have sinned against thee, both because we have forsaken our God and also served Baalim.
Judges 10:15-16
And the children of Israel said unto the Lord, We have sinned: do thou unto us whatsoever seemeth good unto thee; deliver us only, we pray thee, this day. And they put away the strange gods from among them and served the Lord: and His soul was grieved for the misery of Israel.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:29-31
For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
Proverbs 1:33
But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Lord, I cry out to You today because I am a sinner. Only by Jesus am I worthy to come before you. Please have mercy on me.

I rededicate myself to You tonight, Lord. All my goals, actions and thoughts are going to be funneled into learning about You and teaching my precious children about You.

I feel that God has called me to this. I have never really felt like a Bible scholar. I have "application problems". I learned this evening (although I probably already knew) that if God gives a command and I ignore it (or conveniently forget it) that I am sinning. I know that the Lord is mighty and just. I want to be for Him, not against Him. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments: