Tuesday, September 02, 2008

God's Bountiful Harvest

It truly is God's harvest this year. After the flood we were so afraid that we would end up with nothing but God saw fit to provide us with a wonderful harvest this year.

So far we have:
7 pints Sweet Dill pickles
7 pints Bread and Butter pickles
6 pints Lime pickles
6 bags shredded zucchini (freezer)
2 bags chopped sweet peppers (freezer)
12 bags sweet corn (freezer)
12 quarts green beans
7 cantalope

***And*** We have been eating very, very well :) Okra is fabulously yummy :)

The beans were finished just a little while ago. It was my first excursion with a pressure canner. My mom came to supervise and it went well. I did the 2nd batch myself :) I also have pizza sauce in the crock pot for the night and will can it tomorrow. We also have more corn to process tomorrow. Our beans and tomatoes are really just starting to produce now. I imagine that I will be VERY busy for the next few weeks.

Thank you for your wonderful provisions God!

No comments: