Saturday, August 19, 2006

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

That is my preliminary diagnosis. I don't have the whole "scoop" on the situation, but from what I can understand, my ovaries are insulin resistant. There are a ton of complications that can occur with this (infertility, type 2 diabetes, and thyroid problems for example). PCOS can be treated and managed and women who have this disorder can have children, but will probably need medical help (infertility drugs or treatment).

I am very relieved to have this diagnosis and to finally know what is wrong with me. My doctor is very knowledgable and willing to work with me in treatment. There are some nutritional areas that I need to explore further. All of my test results are not in yet, so I don't have a course of treatment.

For more information you can go to www.soulcysters.net

No comments: