Friday, August 25, 2006

What we have been up to....

Today is the last day of our 4th week of school. So far we have "schooled" for 9 days......now do you understand why we start so early???? I am hopeful that with the arrival of "school time" and the removal of so many friends to play with that we will be able to buckle down to at least 3 or 4 days a week. I said I was hopeful....but not necessarily optimistic.....But I figure that it is ok....we will get it all done eventually.

Lee ( my 9 year old reluctant reader) has discoved the Box Car Children series. He is enthralled. Dh was such a sweetie and bought him a set of 26 from ebay last week and he has been happily reading ever since. Greg is looking forward to reading them also. I figure maybe by Christmas he will be able to. He loves to read and reads everything he gets ahold of. He isn't even discouraged by the big words...he just skips them and keeps on going. He gets the just of things anyway.

I was working on my first pair of socks. I almost had one sock done before I made terminal mistake and had to take the whole thing apart. But I have learned from that mistake and am perservering....I plan on working on it some more today....maybe I can get it finished up.

The house is relatively clean and I am working on the never ending laundry.

Taekwondo testing is tomorrow. We signed Greg up for the leadership program so he will be in classes with his older brother now. Norman and I are going to start teaching some. Norman more than I because I run the front desk for Mr. G.

Well, I guess that is all about us for now. We are trying to stay busy and out of trouble. Have a blessed weekend!

No comments: