Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Heads Up!

Helping All Kinds of Special Kids

Heads Up! is a company that I don't think that I would have ever run across in my daily homeschooling adventure. Right now, I don't have any special needs kids. We don't deal with ADD or Dyslexia here.

Heads Up! is a company dedicated to provide expert information and products for struggling learners. They strive to assist a number of learning difficulties.

I received their large frames (6 colors), small frames (6 colors), readers (6 colors and clear), Double-time (2 colors) and top of the line (2 colors). The frames are designed to assist a reader in focusing attention on one certain spot. The different colors are available because some students are aided by certain colors more than others. We found the double-time and top of the line to be the most helpful here...........by ME mainly. I am a very distractable reader. I found the markers to be espcially helpful in Bible. My focus is able to stay on what I am reading and not the other verses or notes around it. I can only imagine how beneficial this must be for someone who is struggling with more than a jumbled mind :)

Heads Up! offers many other products for speech therapy, developmental delays, autism and sensory issues. If you are looking for something to help your struggling learner, please check out Heads Up! and see if they have something that can help you. I imagine that you will find just what you are looking for.

No comments: