Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ice Storm

What a few days these have been!!!!

Monday evening an ice storm started. It continued all night and into the morning on Tuesday. At 11 a.m. Tuesday we lost our power. Norman had to go to work so the boys and I hunkered down in the warmest room of the house (an interior bedroom). At 5 p.m. I called our electric company only to be told it could be 48 hours before power returned. We were still warm in that bedroom, but the rest of the house was getting cold, quick. So I opted to go into town to my mil's house before it got any colder.

We just got our power on today (Thursday) at around 11 a.m. (exactly 48 hours). We stayed at mil's until around 5 to let the house warm up. We are very blessed that although it was very cold in the house our water pipes didn't freeze. We were blessed to have somewhere warm to go. I feel very blessed that we were able to come home this evening and sleep in our beds!!!! You have never seen 5 people (and 1 dog) so happy to come home to our messy home :) We appreciate it (and electricity) so very very much now!!!!!

I have a lot of catching up to do (dishes and laundry are going as we speak) but I am very thankful for our many blessings!!!

No comments: