Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good Morning!

I hope that everyone is well today!

Norman got up at 4:30 a.m. to go goose hunting.  In a boat.  On a lake.  It is very, very cold out.  I am fairly certain he will return an ice cube.  But he is hoping to get a goose, the 2nd time he has gone out :)

Regular laundry is in the dryer, diapers are in the washer.  Bear and Greg are still sleeping.  Lee is in the shower, Abby is in her highchair next to me, growling.  She got her first tooth in!  We were beginning to wonder.  She is pretty proud of it.  And she said Dadda, twice to me yesterday.  Daddy is pretty proud of that. 

Nothing exciting here happens until after I get Lee to the bus stop.  Then the pace picks up!  If I can get the little 2 settled doing something quiet, Greg and I start school.  Otherwise, he starts working on the stuff he can do alone while I feed Abby or play with the littles.  Sometimes 15 mins. playing will make all the difference in the rest of the day.  After I get "my" part of school done (I'm going to be doing a school posting soon!), I work on lunch, Motivated Mom chores or play some more depending on how things are going.

After lunch, which is almost always sandwiches or leftovers, I try to finish up any chores that are left, get something out for supper and put Miss Abby down for a nap.  Abby doesn't believe in naps (8 months old!) so sometimes this is in a exercise in futility, but I give it a good shot.  If she naps and if Bear feels that I have paid him enough attention up to that point (which is rare because he is 3), THEN I will try to get some sewing or quilting done.  You can see my current projects in the left hand sidebar.  I knit at night while watching TV with the family. 

Norman gets home from work around 4, with Lee (he meets the bus at the bus stop for me most days).  We usually eat supper early, around 4:30 or 5 and then I finish kitchen clean up and we settle in for the night. 

So, that's a little about us and how things operate around here.  I have a school post up my sleeve, for anyone interested.  I am also hoping to finish at least one of the legwarmers tonight so pictures of those to come shortly.

Have a great day friends!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds bout like i run my house, but my little girl loves to take naps. LOL