Sunday, January 02, 2011

Welcome to the New Year!

To start us off, a picture of my favorite little girl....
She is sporting a new sweater dress (Old Navy), new tights (Walmart - the heavy cotton ones), almost new boots (Pedipeds, she got them last month) and the new headband I finished knitting for her last night.  It is made from the same yarn as the cell phone case I showed pictures of in the last post.  Someone asked where I got the yarn.....I am fairly certain that is from Knit Picks because that is where I get almost all my yarn.  I have no idea what the coloring is called though as I have had it forever and the label wasn't on it anymore.  It is a sock yarn (and machine washable) if that helps :)
Trying to get organized this year.  I say that every year.  Some years are better than others.  Four children really aren't any harder than 2 or 3 but there is more of everything......more toys to put away, more clothes to wash, more hands to keep out of stuff, more people to take places.  In the end it takes more mental energy if nothing else and I don't really have any to spare :)  I bought the Motivated Moms planner this year.  I looked at it last year and regretted not getting it all year.  So far I've only used it 2 days but I am liking it.  Daily chores are listed for the whole week on the left (in the layout I got) and bigger chores are listed by day on the right.  Plenty of room to write in your own stuff (appts., etc). 

Looking forward to some changes this year.  I normally don't look forward to change, but this is a good one so I am taking it.  Lots going on here, so if you feel led please pray.  I will share as stuff happens :)

My sewing/knitting business is taking off.  I'm not rich yet :) but staying busy and I love it.  It gives me a reason to create.  Lots of plans in my head.  I visited the quilt shop for some fat quarters last week and came home with more ideas.  My priorities for MY stuff are: denim quilt for Lee, chenille quilt for Abby and a new diaper bag for me.  We will see how it goes while working on orders and packing, etc.  I am staying flexible!

God has been so close to me this year.  I am looking forward to another year of seeing what He has in store for us.  I hope that all of you have a wonderful year as well!

No comments: