Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Preschoolers - Creating a Rich Environment and a Fun Place for Learning

Will you be "homeschooling" a preschooler this fall? Are you looking for activities to keep them occupied while teaching the older ones? The Old Schoolhouse has just the aid for you.

I received Preschoolers: Creating a Rich Environment and a Fun Place for Learning for review this week. As most of you know, I have made it through 2 preschoolers and am just beginning with another. I remember being frustrated years ago when I couldn't find age appropriate activities that made me feel like they might actually be learning something. I wish I had this resource then!

Written by several home-educators, this book is a tool to help you teach, occupy and integrate your preschooler into the daily life around them. From dealing with chores, educational ideas and encouraging free play all facets of preschool life is covered here. I loved the activity suggestions and plan to integrate many into our year (probably sooner!!). Although we aren't ready for them, I am excited about the file folder activities and games for early learning. I can't wait to use them with Bear.

Preschoolers: Creating a Rich Environment and a Fun Place for Learning will be available very soon from The Old Schoolhouse Store in ebook format.

No comments: