Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Wonderful God-Given Day

Every single day is a gift from God.

Today we had a good day. From the outside others might not see it that way. It is 5:30 p.m. and I am still in last night's jammies, but that is ok. My wardrobe doesn't indicate the happenings of a day.

I got up at 6 a.m. with Little Bear. He took his bottle while I watched the news. I am sick of the election talk already. I spoke with my mom via phone and the woke up the older boys for school. We have been starting at 7:30 with breakfast, bible reading and discussion and prayer. That has been a wonderful way to start our days. We seem to be able to maintain our focus and we all have goals. Our memory work has been much for profitable also.

The boys clean up breakfast and get themselves ready for the day. Little Bear was asleep by now and we started school. All of our school subjects have been going very well. Lee has resisted writing assignments but hopefully as he gets used to doing them there won't be so much "debate" :)

Lunch was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, rice and broccoli with cheese. Norman woke up just before lunch was ready, fed the baby, showered, dressed, ate quickly and then went to work early to get his hair cut. The older boys and I finished up schoolwork while Bear slept again. Everything seemed to be timed just right today! Then I practiced taekwondo and did housework while the boys practiced.

I got a new quilting catalog and knitting catalog that has so many fabulous projects in it. I am wanting to do so many of them and I know that there isn't new enough time! I am taking a few minutes to bop around the internet while eating some gumbo that my mom made for lunch today. She was very kind to bring me some leftovers. I love gumbo but nobody else here appreciates cajun cuisine like I do so I never make it.

We finished reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond this evening. It was a wonderful book. At first I didn't know if the boys would like it but I think that they enjoyed it more than I did. Sonlight has done a wonderful thing for our homeschool. It is such a blessing to me to see my boys with a book on the couch or hanging on my every word during storytime.

God has been so gracious to us today. May all the praise be given to Him!

No comments: