Here's a little random "get to know me" post for all my new followers :)
1. Talk history with me, particularly American history. I don't care about the details of war or economic changes, I want to know about the day-to-day lives of people that came before me. I want to know the daily routines, their lifestyles, their beliefs, the good-the bad-the ugly. I sometimes feel overwhelmed with the thought that every day I CREATE history. Think about that for a while.
2. I am technically challenged. For a while, in the early 2000's, I was digitally literate. Now I'm barely able to turn on the computer or operate the remote. I don't know what happened. I suspect the last 2 kiddos had some to do with it......
3. I LOVE football. Especially NFL but I enjoy a good local high school game on a Friday night also (GO NEWTON, IL EAGLES!). My obsession with the NFL started when I was pregnant with Bear. It gave me something to do that didn't require moving (he was born in the middle of the season) and I could spend some time with the big boys also. Now I knit while I watch the game. Maybe sometime I will tell you how I choose which teams to root for............
4. I LOVE creamy pasta dishes, spicy Mexican (or Mexican-American) food and good authentic Cajun food. But I don't like crawfish or oysters. Although the men in my family hunt game, I very rarely do more than taste it. Give me chicken, beef, pork, turkey....I'm good but still picky. I could probably live the rest of my life as a vegetarian but would miss dairy foods. So I won't :)
5. You can probably call me a prude but I firmly believe that women should behave one way and men another. I think that a lot of problems in society today stem from the inability of women to behave themselves. I do hold women to a higher standard to men. Keep things covered up that you don't want your grandfather to see. Watch your language and try to act like you've got a little sense....the world will be a better place for it.
6. Knitting gives me peace. I believe that life is too short to waste on cheap yarn. I happily make beautiful, impractical items. I knit things that make me smile and make those around me smile.
7. I joyfully homeschooled my older 2 children from K through 6th grade. They each transitioned into public school in the 7th grade. I do miss them terribly but am proud of their accomplishments. I am once again homeschooling a kindergartener. This time around I take nothing for granted. These days are short and they are adorably cute. I cherish every single thing the littles do and I cherish the memories made with the older 2.
8. I LOVE to write....so I blog. I'm not sure how worthy my words are of reading but I write them anyway.
9. I LOVE to read. Mysteries, suspense, end-times stuff, history (particularly American or anything about royalty past or present), biographies, and my Bible. I also read a few magazines and blog that I find inspiring or interesting. I like to know about the daily lives of people (whether they are dead or alive - see #1). You can see my current reading list in the left-hand sidebar.
10. I do care what others think of me. I try not to, because I know that only God matters, but it happens. I'm very soft-hearted. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I want to get very close to you, but I can be hurt easily. I forgive easily. I try to always see the best and assume the best about everyone. I am learning that I don't have to allow myself to get hurt. That was a hard lesson to learn but I'm working on it.
I guess that's it for now. I'll probably post another 10 things some other time. Here's a post of wrote a couple of years ago......