Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Day in the Life of Us

Candy posted about her day today, with pictures and everything. I am skipping pictures because it drives me batty to upload them here, but thought that I would share a fairly typical day at our house!

6:00 a.m. I got up and read Genesis 10-15 and Psalms 7 and 37. Then I walked a mile with my new Leslie Samsom DVD. Bear still wasn't up so I read some from my First Place 4 Health member's guide.

7:45 I woke up the older boys and then Bear woke up. We knew he was up because he was turning the light on and off. Luckily his dad slept through it! I made Bear and I eggs and the boys ate breakfast and took showers. Greg did Math (Aleks) first while Lee did spelling (All About Spelling) then they switched and worked in Handwriting all the while (Italic Handwriting).

10:00 I started baking chocolate chips cookies. Norman wanted to take some to work so I needed to have them done before he left. Bear was more than happy to lick the beaters and the older boys played while I baked. Then I fixed broiled chicken breasts, mac and cheese and mixed veggies for lunch.

11:30 Norman got up. The older boys were outside trying to get their 4-wheelers to start so he went straight out to help them. Bear and I ate lunch. When Norman came in he joined us. The boys ate later, after they were done riding.

I did laundry while Norman gave Bear a bath. I also got the kitchen cleaned up from lunch. At 1:00 Norman took Bear to bed for his nap. I swept and mopped the kitchen floor. Norman left for work at 1:30.

1:45 The boys and I started school again. We are using Further Up and Further In as a unit study during the month of January. We are reading The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. While finishing that up, the UPS man knocked on the door. He had Rock Band! So after school the boys finished their chores and cleaned up their room and happily played rock band.

Bear slept until almost 6 so I read part of a book, did some internet stuff and relaxed. I don't always get that opportunity. We had supper when Bear woke up ( a hodge podge of leftovers and quick fix items) and then the boys happily played with the great big box that Rock Band came in for about 2 hours. It is amazing what happiness a big box can bring to 3 boys! They also drove Bear's Little Tike Jeep around the house. It isn't an inside toy but they sure think that it is. LOL I was able to get some more reading done and a card of encouragement written for a friend.

It is almost 9 and time for bed. Norman is home tomorrow so I don't know what he has planned. I am going to throw the diapers in the washer and hit the sack! Have a good night!

1 comment:

Joy Comes in the Morning said...

I hope that I am not being too nosey but I noticed your husband's work schedule and it is very similar to my husband's. All I can say is Praise the Lord, I have finally read a blog by a homeschooling mom who's husband works odd hours. I have a hard time with our schedule because of it. We long for the day that he is back on dayshift, but thanks for letting me know that it is possible. PS I have had ride on jeeps in my kitchen too:) Motherhood is such an adventure.