Monday, September 18, 2006

Daily happenings

Today has been a normal day...after a fairly normal weekend. We were very busy this weekend, which is fun for the boys and nerve racking for me :) We went to Lincoln Log Cabin on Friday and had a lovely tour visiting the home of Abe Lincoln's father Thomas Lincoln. On Saturday we went to a science workshop by David d'Armond. They boys had such a great time! They were thanking me the whole rest of the day for taking them. That could be partly due to the fact that I bought the next 2 volume's of Jonathon Park :) Norman had to take my van to work yesterday evening so that he could have the CD player. He hates when he gets behind us in the story :)

I started my Latin studies yesterday. I am using Henle Latin, First Year. It is tough, but very logical so far. I am hoping that it stays tough but logical. I can handle tough as long as it is logical :)

Tonight I will begin rereading The Latin Centered Curriculum by Drew Campbell for a review for TEACH magazine. I learned so many things from reading that book and recommend it heartily. I will save the rest of my opinion for the review :) Don't want to spoil the ending.

I have a dozen books that I am in the middle of reading :) Wouldn't it be nice to finish some up? But then what would I do with my precious spare time???? LOL I am going to start carrying all of my unfinished books in my bag and get to finishing them :) The yarn from my aunt should be here any day and I will have to get to knitting. Maybe I will look into some books on tape.....or I can just listen to more re-runs of Law and Order :)

Have a good week!

No comments: