Monday, March 05, 2012

Tot School

I was doing good on this but then flaked out with the move and such.  Please forgive me!   Finally, I've gotten back in the swing of things with the kids.  Greg is doing 6th grade Switched on Schoolhouse for his lessons so I have very minimal work with him.  Bear is 52 months (4 1/2) and Abby is almost 22 months. 

Awana lesson and memory work.  Both listen to the lesson, Bear does the memory work.

Coloring Worksheets (Bear)
- letter B sheet
- #3 and 3 animals sheets
- letter C sheet

(Abby)
Hello Kitty coloring pages

Hands-On activities (both)
- finger/Qtip painting
- cutting activity (Bear)
- glue/yarn activity


Books we read:
The Greedy Python by Eric Carle
Bedtime Bear
What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs?
Lemony Sknicket: The Lump of Coal
Beaver Gets Lost
Mouse's First Fall by Lauren Thompson
Red Sled by Lita Judge
Bedtime Words - Usborne
Triceratops
Allosaurus
Stegosaurus
Graphic Design Pterandon, Oviraptor and Pachycephalosaurus (3 books)

We also read extensively from our home library.  Extensively.  I imagine that we spend 2-3 hours a day reading aloud.  Whatever suits their fancy.  I am going to try to implement book baskets with "focus" books each week for each of them.  We will see how that goes.  I am also implementing "theme" weeks.  Didn't happen last week, or this week, but it will come in the future.  I am getting a lot of my ideas from Totally Tots.  I've borrowed her ideas for Bear since he was very small.  Bear will be transitioning to preschool starting next fall.

Last week we also had a trip to the library here in town.  Another day we took a bike ride to the local skate park.  Bear got to ride his own bike with brother Greg while Abby (in the stroller) and I (pushing) followed along.  It is an easy 4-5 blocks to that small park and we enjoyed a wonderful hour playing before coming back home.  That day was beautiful!  It snowed again last night.  Grrrr.  I'm ready for spring.

I promise to do better with pictures.  Dh bought a new camera that I am trying to learn the ropes on. 

No comments: