Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Another day in the Neighborhood

I could sit here and list off the stuff I managed to get done today but lets suffice it to say that there was much done and much undone :)  I think that is how it goes.  Another day of loving and serving my family is almost over and I have much to be grateful for.

On facebook I and several friends have been listing something every day that we are thankful for.  Today, I was (and still am!) thankful for coffee.  I wrote that with tongue-in-cheek because I have been out of coffee for the past 2 days.  I'm not an addict (yet) but it sure helps me get going in the morning.  Other days my thanksgiving has been directed toward my husband, children and friends......most importantly my God and His word.  No matter our circumstance in life (and ours aren't what we would hope they would be at this moment) there is always something to be thankful for.  I find it helps with contentment to think daily of our blessings. 

Bear ran with me to the post office.  Today a sub for the sub was working.  LOL  Our postmistress was sick and our substitute postmistress is on maternity leave.  So there was a very nice lady that we didn't know working the counter.  She was very helpful with my package.  When we got ready to leave Bear wanted to give her a hug.  He likes to hug everyone.  I told him he would have to blow her a kiss, so he did and a hug too.  He is the sweetest little fella. 

I've been knitting lots lately.  Mostly for sale.  I have some project ideas in my head for some stuff for me and Abby though.  After Christmas I think, when the orders slow down, I will see about getting some of that stuff started.  I have also started a denim quilt for Lee.  I hope to do one for each of the children over the next year.  I love having a creative outlet to express myself.  It is nice, also, to keep my hands busy during stressful times. 

Well, I guess that is all I have to say for tonight.  Have sweet dreams, my friends!

No comments: