Monday, May 05, 2008

Wrapping Up Our School Year

We should be wrapping up our school year soon. Once the boys found out that we could very well be schooling until the end of JUNE....they decided to double-up on assignments and get some books finished. They have been very persistant and it looks like we should have no problem finishing up by the end of the month. I am very relieved about that. Last year we schooled on and off all summer and it was mentally tedious for me. Not really hard, but I never got the time to plan and work at the next years stuff and get excited about it. I hope to get excited about this next year's studies.

I am really, really enjoying the audio recordings from Cindy Rushton's Ultimate Homeschool Expo 2008. I enjoy them so much that I am going to get a button soon. I can't say enough good things about this Expo. It is worth the money in so many ways. I am feeling so refreshed and rejuvinated and I have probably on listened to 3-4 speakers. What a wonderful blessing!!!!!

In wrapping up this year's stuff, I am already mentally planning next years. How do you like to plan your school year? Do you plan a month/quarter/semester/year at a time? Do you work at it all in one day or over the course of a week or more? How do you organize the resources that you will be using for the new year (and those that you have but won't be using?)? I guess that I am full of questions tonight. Please share how you plan your homeschool. I love to glean great ideas from everyone!

Have a good night!

No comments: