Saturday, February 02, 2008

HomeKeeping

Today is a homekeeping day.

I woke up at 5 this a.m. and showered....donned a cute turtleneck with hearts and bears on it and a tan jumper; ate breakfast, fed baby, talked to mom. I spent a few minutes decluttering the hutch countertops in my dinning room. They are next to the door that we all use and tend to pick up lots of clutter. That accomplished and laundry started, I baked chocolate chip cookies. While they were baking I loaded the dishwasher, cleaned out the fridge and got frozen egg rolls out for lunch. The boys have been playing outside in the snow and are now eating warm cookies and hot cocoa. I am taking a break now, sipping tea and reading some wonderful articles that Miss Peggy posted on her blog. Her writing is inspiring me to apply myself as a better hommeaker.

I am gazing out my window.....looking at the snow and thinking of all the possibilities for spring. I am also mentally planning our 3rd annual 4th of July cookout. We always have it on the Saturday following the 4th and invite all of our friends. We have the most wonderful time and I am really looking forward to it this year. Most of all, I am looking forward to warmer weather! And that little groundhog in PA saw his shadow so I guess we get 6 more weeks of winter......I sure hope that they are mild!

Anyway, better get off here and get back to work!

No comments: