Friday, August 12, 2011

Since the last time......

Many things have happened since the last time I took a second to update my blog here.  Let's see.....

Lee turned 14.  I've been a mother for 14 years.  I would think by now I would have a handle on it, but alas I feel like he was just born.  I LOVE watching him grow into a strong, responsible young man!  His father and I are very, very proud of him.

I registered Lee for his freshman year of high school.  This wasn't as tramatic as I thought it would be.  The high school was exactly how I remembered it.  Paid for 1 month of breakfast/lunch, registration and a yearbook - when did a basic yearbook start costing $61?  I'm still in shock.  But anyway, I think he is excited to start but won't admit it.  I wouldn't want to go back, but I suppose everyone should experience it once.....maybe. 

Abigail turned 15 months old.  It was the same day as Lee's 14th birthday so I didn't even think of it until after.  14 years ago on the 9th I had my oldest, 15 months ago on the 9th I had my youngest.  Hmm.  She has grown so much.  She had strep throat a few weeks ago so I took her in for some meds.  When they measure her she had grown 5 inches since May!  Amazing, but I can see it.  She still doesn't really talk......and her and Bear duke it out a few times every day (she is a hair puller, and doesn't mind when I pull hers).  She's a mean little bugger.  What can you expect when you have 3 brothers?

Greg is at camp.  He will be home tomorrow.  We miss him.  Especially Bear.  Most nights he has been sleeping with Lee, in the living room or with us.  We are looking forward to Greg's return.  I'm sure he has enjoyed a week of his own bed.  LOL

Everything is still a mess here.  Prayers appreciated.  I'm not going into the details but it feels like it will never end.  I've got another post to write, but the babies want to go outside to play....so off we go!

Have a great day!

No comments: