Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sorry for the Delay

I wish I could say that the reason I haven't been posting was because I was hard-working on a big project or marking things off the never-ending to-do list, but alas, I was ill.  Very sick, taking the cold meds every 3 hrs., probably going to die anyway, sick.  I did not, however, die (hurray!) so I am back to work on the never-ending to-do list.

Norman is on vacation this week, which was a blessing since I was so sick.  He was able to deal with kids and meals so that the whole thing didn't go to the pooper while I was down.  Since my recovery, he and whoever else is around have been going to the lake fishing.  So yesterday I decided to sew :)

This is the FREE pattern I was using:  Pillowcase Dress from 3 Fat quarters

And here are the completed pictures:
I added the little "belt" with leftover bias tape.  I stitched it on in the front and left it loose to tie in the back.  The reason was that the pattern was only sized down to a 2T and Abby wears an 18 month so it was really big on her.

I also made the shoulder ties shorter and took an extra half inch in the casing at the top. 

This morning Abby modeled it before church.  It should have taken about 2 hours to make, but Abby was lonely so I had to play.  I still got it done in an afternoon.

See how I pulled the extra width in at the back?  Makes it loose but fitted at the same time.  I think it turned out so sweet and it is lightweight (cotton) so it won't be so hot.  I will absolutely be making more!

Now to work on a dress for Easter.........

I'll try to post more next week.  Abby and I are going to go play :)

2 comments:

Victoria Stankus said...

Cute dress! :-)

Daneille Gray Snowden said...

cute; I like the color too