Monday, November 19, 2007

Psalms 1-9

Since the baby was born I have been very apprehensive about some things. I tend to suffer from post-partum depression. Thankfully this time around it wasn't as severe as previous times. However I am still very anxious about the baby, especially his health. I have become like a Nazi about people being in his presence.....even my other children. I, myself, and Greg have cold so that doesn't make my anxiety any better. I am just positive that Baby Norman is going to fall ill and require a hospital stay....or worse. I know in my heart that this fear isn't from the Lord. I began praying every day for his health whenever these thoughts would overwhelm me. Today I started reading the Psalms, looking for verses that would encourage and comfort me.

Psalm 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

Psalm 5:11
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

I am going to continue to read through the Psalms and post here when I find verses that encourage me. I hope that someone else will find encouragement in them as well.

Blessings,
Carie

No comments: