Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Merry Christmas

It has taken me so long to get this post done that I decided I had better tell everyone Merry Christmas now in case I wasn't back before the New Year. I can't believe how busy I have been!!!!!

We made it through the week with family in southern IL after Thanksgiving. It is enjoyable, but I am always glad to get home. We were able to welcome the arrival of a new nephew while we were there :) The family seems to be growing in leaps and bounds......Norman's father now has 5 grandchildren, 4 boys and 1 girl.

After our return, my mom and I went to Indianapolis IN for a day of shopping. We stayed overnight and spent some time in the hotel's hot tub. I came home with contact dermititis....and allergy to something in the whirlpool. I had the worst rash all over my legs. I ended up with 2 shots and a pack of prednisone. I can't sleep while I take prednisone so I am still recovering from that. Then Greg got a stomach bug......and I stayed up all night with him. We have rounded out our week with a church dinner and Christmas carolling :)

School is going well. The boys are really buckling down and I am keeping them on task. That seems to be the worst part of the battle.....me keeping them on task :) I think that we have decided on next year's curriculum also. We like to plan way advance of purchase time so that we can save up the needed funds. Although I really liked the "method" of veritas press, the planning has just got to be to much for me. And the literature selections for the periods of history are too advanced for Lee to read on his own....he just isn't there yet. And I don't have time to use them all as read-alouds. I briefly contemplated Sonlight.....until Norman got sticker shock.....and we have settled on My Father's World Explorers-1850. Greg will also study American History using MFW Adventures in American History supplement that I already have from 2 years ago. I think that we will stay with MFW suggestions for grammar and writing. We will also stay with Math-U-See and Italic Handwriting. And now I can breathe a sigh of relief that the decisions are all made for another year.

I have been finishing up my Christmas knitting.....1 1/2 projects are left to go. I have a couple of new patterns that I am wanting to try out after Christmas and I am going to give my socks top priority as well. Norman has been working lots of overtime lately.......he has worked the last 48 out of 72 hours. He is beat and sleeping soundly in bed this a.m. But it is very hard to do housework while he is sleeping so I think that I will go knit for a while and clean tomorrow!

Be patient!!!! I promise I am around even if I am not posting!
Blessings,
Carie

No comments: