Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Thoughts for Today

TUESDAY
Today my assignements were pretty simple. 15 minutes on my focus project and clean the kitchen/dining room. I really feel like I cheated on this one because I cleaned the kitchen on Saturday. So there wasn't much to do. But it is done and I feel so much better. I know that there is a lot of things that I still need to do...it is a never ending project....but I feel so much more confident with the work that I have already done. I still need to work on my focus project. I am still working on laundry. We are having a cook-out tonight and I am going to make a pasta salad for that. Otherwise, I am free to spend the day however I want. What a blessing!!!!!!!

TODAY'S BIBLE STUDY
As a continuation of my Bible study, today, I read and reflected on various verses/chapters in the Bible that deal with the woman's role in relationship to her home and her husband. I have to admit that most of this wasn't new to me, but I was reminded that the things that I am working on are mandated by God...what better reason to keep working, trying my best for the Lord! Anyway, I was left with this thought....I think that I was reading in I Corinthians: The life purpose of the wife is to help and serve her husband. My life purpose is to help and serve my husband. My life purpose is to help and serve Norman. It doesn't get much more specific than that!
There are many avenues and ways that I can accomplish this. Here are a few:
1. household management My dh doesn't want to come home and have to clean the house, nor should he have to.
2. child rearing Yes, this is a partnership job, but the main resposibility for this falls to me. I am the one here with the children 24/7 and I am the one who must make the day-to-day decisions regarding discipline and character issues. Of course, I am always in communication with Norman about problems that I am having or that need to be dealt with by dad.
3. financial managment This is an area that my dh has delegated to me. It is my job to make sure that the bills are paid and that there is enough money for food/gas/extras. He works and brings home the money, I manage it. In your situation this may not be the arrangement.....sometimes I think that it would be easier and less stressful for dh to handle it, but this is his wish so this is how it is.

There are so many other ways that I can help and serve my husband. Most of them fall within these 3 categories though. I find myself very blessed to have a dh who allows me to stay at home and educate the children. I know that many women don't have that luxury. I must continually do my best to continue to serve my dh in all the ways that I know how.

No comments: