Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall is Here

I am my father's daughter.......a farmer's daughter.....so nothing smells more like fall to me then the smell of corn dust :)  I know, people with allergies hate me, but really, you know it is fall if the combines are running!  LOL  So, my parents shelled the corn in the field between our houses.....so now I can see what they are doing and EVERYONE on the road can see what we are doing.  I hate that. 

This is day 2 of Norman on dayshift.  Yesterday was anything but normal with a bunch of emergency trips to town for my brother thrown in, but I still think everything went well.  Today is going great!  School is almost done (its 9:40) and chili is simmering in the crockpot for supper.  Laundry is almost done and the house is picked up.  I just have a few more small tasks to complete before we head to town for a library event this afternoon.  I look forward to having Lee and Norman home for supper :)

I think I may have to pack up my shorts and capris though.  I am sitting here freezing!  LOL  Have a great day everyone!!!!!

No comments: