Saturday, October 03, 2009

Surprise

For those of you who are observant blog readers, you have noticed the new ticker in the left hand side-bar. For the rest of you...........
.............
.............
............
I am PREGNANT!

No, this wasn't planned. In fact, 2 weeks ago my dh had a vasectomy. We decided that "we" were done having children. It wasn't that we wouldn't have loved more, it just looked like more fertility treatments were in our future and we just didn't want to do that again. Our family seemed complete and we were both at peace with the decision after much prayer and discussion. Almost immediately after, I started feeling blah. Really blah. Go to bed at 6 and sleep like a rock and please don't wake me up ever kinda blah. And it didn't go away. I had taken a pregnancy test a few days before dh's procedure because my cycles are whacky anyway and it was negative so I refused to take a test again for another week....
Blah turned into "I really don't feel good....peeing all the time.....eating peppermints". I really should have know. LOL So I tested on the 30th of September and got a positive. Spent the last few days having bloodwork and an ultrasound to confirm.....and I am over 7 weeks along! So I was pregnant when I took the last test, it just didn't show. This is the furthest along I have ever been when I found out I was pregnant.

It took a few days to adjust to the news but we are now delighted and excited and overwhelmed (ME!) at the thought of a new little one.
God is GOOD. His plans are always better than ours are. We are so excited to be seeing the way He is working in our lives right now.
So prayers our way for a healthy baby and safe pregnancy are appreciated. It looks like I have a due date of May 20th, 2010. Sounds like a good day to have a baby, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Congratulations dear! How exciting!
Blessings!

Sheri