Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

It is Memorial Day weekend. This is one of those times I don't like being "old". As a child and then a teenager/younger adult we always had something fun planned for Memorial Day weekend. The only exceptions were the springs that were wet and pushed planting into the end of May. Here I sit today, a non-farming adult, with absolutely no plans for the weekend.....and dh has no intention of making any either. (((sigh))) So here we sit. The boys are mowing the yard.....I canned 6 pints of cherries this morning and did the normal housekeeping duties. Dh took a nap.

Abby is growing well. At her 2 week appt. she had already gained over a pound, weighing in at 8 lbs 8 ozs. She sleeps really well at night and is becoming more alert during the day. I swear she must be deaf though because she very rarely even flinches when the chaos is swirling around her. LOL

I am feeling really well with the exception of the headache I have had for 4 days now. My incision is healing well with just a little pain on the left side after I have been doing something I probably shouldn't. LOL

I am very glad that Lee is done with school for the year. It is very nice to have all my children home together for the summer. Of course, with camps and such we won't be together all summer, but that's ok.

I hope that the beginning weekend of summer is a fun/safe/happy time for all of my friends!

No comments: