Thursday, April 25, 2013

Reading List April 25, 2013

To the Grave by Carlene Thompson
***A very good mystery.  You will never guess who did it :)

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
***I finally borrowed it from the library and loved it.  Haven't seen the movie and won't rush to, I'm afraid that it won't be the same.  Fantastic read for both the cultural education and the story line. 

Placebo by Steven James
***Just finished this one today.  Another sci-fi type mystery.  I had a hard time wrapping my head around the physics mumbo jumbo but one of the characters was a conspiracy theorist and another was a homeschooling single mom so that made it more interesting for me.  There seems to be another book with these characters coming out in 2013 so I'm going to watch out and try to snag it. 

Families Where Grace is in Place by Jeff VanVonderen
***I picked this up at the APACHE convention and am so glad that I did.  A must read for anyone that came from a yelling family or for parents or for married couples.  Really, anyone could benefit.  I marked my copy all up with my highlighter and will digest it for a while then reread before shelving.  Good, Godly stuff.

Planning Your Charlotte Mason Education: Create a custom plan for your family by Sonya Shafer
***As a long time Charlotte Mason follower, I bought several new resources this year.  I read this start to finish in my hotel room at APACHE taking notes the whole time.  If you are new to Charlotte Mason methods I strongly recommend this resource - it is wonderfully informative for the rest of us as well.  You can take notes and highlight or use the copyable forms that are provided.  A definate go-to resource for me.

I've got another 2 books started (one actual book and 1 kindle book) and I've already put another book on my kindle app on my phone.  I brought 2 books (1 fiction, 1 biography) home from the library yesterday and there are still several in my stack on my table plus my mother-in-law sent some home for me to read while returning some that I sent her. 
There will be more to come :)  I know that I'm not keeping the list up in the sidebar.  Honestly, the time I spend updating that thing can be better spent reading.  I'll do my best, but know that I'm probably reading stuff that isn't on there.

No comments: