Sunday, July 24, 2011

Psalm 119: 46-52, Job 2:10

Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.
This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.
The proud have me in great derision,
Yet I do not turn aside from Your law.
I remembered Your judgements of old, O Lord,
And have comforted myself.

God's word is comforting
God's word is salvation - by teaching of Jesus
God's word gives home - through the stories of others
God's word shows God's mercy and faithfulness

But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks.  Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?"  In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

God is good ALL the time.  No matter my problem or situation He is ALWAYS there.
God's promises are true.
God didn't promise an easy life.  He did promise salvation and a home in Heaven for those who will accept Him.
The goal in my life should always be Heaven.

***This was yesterday's study.  It really hit home.  God doesn't cause pain in this world but He also doesn't always stop it.  That is hard for me to swallow.  However, just because God doesn't stop the pain or the terrible situation or the effects of a terrible situation, doesn't mean that He isn't there, helping, leading and blessing along the way.  Today's reading was Psalm 119:65-72.  I probably won't comment on it here as it ended up very personal for me.  I am learning much about pain and affliction.  And I'm leaning on my Saviour!***

No comments: