Friday, August 17, 2012

Catching Up......

I think I've used that as a blog post title, but it fits so here goes.......
****Lee turned 15.  I don't think I'm old enough to have a 15 year old, but he is so I must be.
****Greg went to bike camp and Junior High camp at Oil Belt this year.  He was impressed with how more mature the older years of camp are.  I think he enjoyed being more grown up.
****Lee was faculty at Niners week of camp and then attended Deeper Life week.  He also loves camp and especially enjoyed being faculty.
****Abby is starting to talk.  A little.  Most can't understand her.  Heck, half the time I can't understand her.  It is frustrating for all of us.  But we are trying.  I am going to begin working more specifically with her this school year.  The speech therapists refuse to accept her so I'm going to have to do something.
****Lee will be a sophmore this year.
****Greg is going to be a 7th grader this year.  He is starting public school.  He has went to 2 orientations and feels relatively prepared.  All the fees have been paid, all the supplies have been bought. 
Sidenote- when I was homeschooling the older boys full time I would laugh at the public school parents that would complain about school costs, etc.  I mean, I was paying for books and everything.  Let me tell you, if you don't qualify for public aid school is expensive.  I spent $300 just to register the 2 kids.  I will be required to send lunch money and sports fees throughout the year.  Not to mention fundraisers, special events, etc.  I spent $250 buying clothing and shoes for the 2 of them (4 pairs of shoes because you have to have special gym shoes).  Another $238 for the rest of the school supplies (scientific calculators, thumb drives, backpacks......).  I am going broke sending them to school. 
****I will still be homeschooling the 2 littles (at this point I couldn't afford to send them to public school if I wanted to).  I am hoping to scrape together the $124 for MFW Kindergarten.  If not, we will make do with what we have. 
****My AVON business is going well.  I am an Unit Leader and have a wonderful team that I am helping to start their businesses as well.  I love what I do and am blessed to be able to stay at home with my littles while helping to supplement the family income.
****I'm knitting an adorable baby blanket for a friend's new grandbaby.  Gotta stay busy!

I think that's it.  If you are interested in AVON you can go here - www.youravon.com/carieshinn

Have a great day!!!!!

No comments: