Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Cause to Be Thankful by Yolanda Shanks

Not too long ago I had the opportunity to review another Yolanda Shanks books (Not Just a Hearer but a Doer). What a wonderful little book!

I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review this book: A Cause to be Thankful, part of the Destined to Live, Despite Me series. 

I learned a little bit about Ms. Shanks in this book.  She is a suicide survivor.

I stopped reading right there. 

You see, my best friend committed suicide 22 years ago.  For several years afterwards I contemplated the same path.  I don't know why I never did it, but I'm sure God had a plan for me.  I've struggled with debilitating depression at times since then.  I've read a lot of books on the subject, and hope to seek out some more of Ms. Shanks thoughts on the subject.

Once I processed where she was coming from, I dove into the book.  The scriptural foundations are deep and they are solid.  Throughout the whole book I've been underlining, highlighting, and notemaking.  There is so much good stuff in this little book!  You just about can't believe it.  There is a whole chapter detailing the road to salvation, making this book the PERFECT thing to use as an outreach to those who haven't made Christ their Saviour!

Do you need to learn to be grateful, thankful for every single thing God has done for you?  I think we all do!  I encourage you to seek out this resource and illuminate your life in a way that will be pleasing to God.

A Cause to be Thankful is available from Yolanda Shanks at her website and at Amazon for $10.89

If you want to read more about Yolanda Shanks' resources, be sure to check out her website at www.yolandashanks.com



No comments: