Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Review: Not Just a Hearer But a Doer by Yolanda Shanks

***I recieved this product for free in exchange for a fair review as part of the CWA Review Crew.***
 
 

 
Please let me introduce you to Yolanda Shanks:

 
 
She is the author of this wonderful little Bible study, Not Just a Hearer But a Doer: Deliberately Living Life Devotional Study.
Lately I've just been reading a chapter from my Bible every day.  I'm in 1 Timothy now.  And that's good.  Way better than nothing and I'm getting a lot out of it.  Sometimes I need some direction though and I was so blessed to receive this book.  I'm on Day 8, so not finished, but far enough that I can see the impact Yolanda's teaching is having in my life. 
I know you are busy, so am I.  Moving, remember?  That's why this devotional is so perfect.  The lessons are short.  1 a day.  Take less than 10 minutes but PACKED with powerful teaching and suggestions for changes that I can make in my life.  The scriptures are in the devotional so that means you can stick it in your bag and go, fully equiped to learn about God wherever He takes you that day. 
 
Each day is broken into 7 short parts:
Introduction
Observation (scripture)
Background (of the above scripture)
Interpretation
Application
Additional Memory Scriptures
Blank Space to Personalize Today's Scripture Text
 
Today's lesson was on Shutting Our Lips. The scripture is Psalm 141:3.  That's all I'm giving away :)  I think that we can all agree that this is an area we need to conquer (or at least diligently work on) if we are going to deliberately live our lives for God.  I know I do!
 

This is volume 1.  I am sure the rest of the volumes will be as useful.  Not Just a Hearer But a Doer is available on Amazon for $10.83 with free shipping!  You can visit with Yolanda on facebook. 

No comments: